1) Eat better. You have a chalkboard; use it. Make menus. Plan meals.
2) Read at least one chapter of a book for fun each day.
3) Go on a drive once a week. Have no particular destination other than a stop for iced tea. Put on music and see where you end up.
4) Listen to a record straight through without doing anything else. Sometimes music needs your full attention.
5) Doodle. Who cares how shitty of an artist you are? Give it a shot. Create.
6) Go to coffee shops. There’s a million in the city. Get out of the house for a while.
7) Ask a friend to go to dinner. Simply as friends and for no particular reason. Pick up the bill.
8) Allow yourself to fall in love. Let things happen. See where it goes. Take the risk.
Joshua Angell || Eight Things To Start Doing (via joshwritespoetry)
Countess Markievicz, 19th century Irish revolutionary, dispensing eternally relevant fashion advice. (via perfect)
I don’t think that people accept the fact that life doesn’t make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable.
David Lynch (via perfect)
Andy Warhol (via perfect)
Zoe Saldana (via dorinizalowski)
nThere is always that one band that comes along when you are 14 or 15 years old that manages to hit you in just the right way and changes your whole perception of things.
Alex Turner (via perfect)
I don’t want to settle. I want mindfucking love. I want to spend all night thinking about kissing you, and when I finally get the balls to, I want to go deaf to everything but that moment. I refuse to settle for anything less.
Late night thoughts (via shakingpalms)
Don’t stop until you’re satisfied. You want an explanation? Ask. You want to be successful? Work. Don’t settle for results you don’t want. Don’t stop until you’re satisfied.
(the best advice a teacher has ever given me)
T.S. Eliot (via prairie-queen)